Sunday, January 3, 2021

an intense meeting



About a dozen of us were there tonight, and I appreciate that. I know most of us; I feel like we are a community that cares for each other and we hold each other in the light.

I apologize for dicey connection between the metal buildings in our compound. It is not always easy for a computer to stream a dozen movies over a thin wireless signal and this may have caused some people trouble in hearing me. People seemed to hear each other and support each other, though, and I appreciate that.

There is much to say about a world that is in turmoil, with disease grabbing us by the throat, and political and other kinds of conspiracy-mongering run amok in the people in our lives. I sometimes feel like we are in a boat, cast out into the turbulent waters, and we're trying to make sense of the raging storms that come from every direction.

I am sharing this week's picture on the blog. It was taken from the porch of the house where we used to live, in the village of Cloudcroft, high above the White Sands, and yes, that's what you are seeing off to the west there, the White Sands, down in the valley. I used to look off that porch at the valley and, in the mountains beyond, or across them anyway, was Las Cruces, the nearest meeting to me. I am at least a couple hours from any city, and even Las Cruces barely qualifies. But I share with you a view from the mountain - that the light does reflect from the valley, that God is awesome, that it will all be ok. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace in the New Year

I put my feeling about illuminaria (below) here , but the most important thing to say is, it's not really Quakerly, nor is it related to...