Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Update

 

New Quaker Play

Bombing the Quaker Zoom is a comedy, but undoubtedly lots of people will take it very seriously. It is the early days of Zoom Quaker meetings, so lots of people just won't try them, or have trouble with the technology when they do. Some of the other problems: being embarassed about the appearance of your living room, or having trouble clerking it - are barely touched here. In fact, if you think it should deal with these issues more, or touch other issues, let me (Tom) know as I can always make it bigger.

Maurine reports that she is feeling better, her skin is healing and she's about to start walking again, and also, will be moving to Indiana as soon as possible. She appreciates the concern shown by Cloud Quaker meeting (worship group) and sends her love!

This article, Turning, Turning by Emily Provance, seems to be saying a lot of things I've been saying. Namely that having all these Quakers on zoom is an opportunity that could change Quakerism for the better. You've heard me say it before. And I personally won't be the one who really moves the whole picture online, although my whole picture has certainly moved online. The play above is my humorous view of how changed everything is. Cheers! -Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace in the New Year

I put my feeling about illuminaria (below) here , but the most important thing to say is, it's not really Quakerly, nor is it related to...