Sunday, April 25, 2021

As I may have shared with you, I have been dealing with an unusual situation in our area. We have wild horses - feral really - and somebody shot four of them in town, and then, when people seemed to not get too mad, went and shot a couple more out in the country, or at least on a country road.

It is true that they are a little too successful in this area, and are somewhat of a hazard - not only on the road, but also in town, eating at the park or in the schoolyard where young kids could get hurt or trampled. It's not ideal. But shooting them wasn't quite cool either. For one thing, this person just left them there for someone else to clean up.

The question is, what is a good Quaker to do? I've been mulling it over. You can join the conversation, if there is one. It's mostly me and myself. I admit, I don't know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace in the New Year

I put my feeling about illuminaria (below) here , but the most important thing to say is, it's not really Quakerly, nor is it related to...