Sunday, May 9, 2021

John Bartram play

I promised you I'd get you the link as soon as I could; this is it. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNnWX9Lz0Kme4lp8xPnu1wQon31ISOI0eZJsksPMY1G0L3R5Hf9kVN65kC6Ea7ezQ?pli=1&key=aVAxOTZIVENvQjFZcVczYkFYMzBnRkZRbmliV3lB
This is a site where three Blue River Quarterly events are placed. The Bartram play is the first.

I want to thank Dawn Crimson; I believe it is her site.

Zoom plays are good ways to get carried into another era. In this era, right before the Revolution, Quakers were nervous about the practice of growing wild plants and studying the natural side of things. Bartram got carried up into the issues of the day: proper behavior for a Quaker; absolute allegiance to Jesus; slavery; how to behave during the Revolution. These were issues of the day, and this play shows them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace in the New Year

I put my feeling about illuminaria (below) here , but the most important thing to say is, it's not really Quakerly, nor is it related to...