Thursday, April 20, 2023

The Power of Modern Spirituality

Steven recommended this book at meeting and I thought I'd take the liberty of putting it on here.

In fact, he highly recommended it, so take that as you will.

As an author, I'm interested in book marketing - through blogs, through blurbs, pictures, covers, that kind of thing, so I'm interested in this one just because it has a good presentation. I'm not sure if I'll get to it soon as I have a huge pile on my desk of things to do.

But I'll tell you this, in a world where people are leaving the churches by the droves (and at the same time, not saying that they have renounced God, or don't believe), there is no question that we need something to hold onto. It's not that I'm pushing Quakerism above all others, though for sure, this is a Quaker blog. It's more that the world is changing quickly beneath our feet and we need whatever we can get to help us understand it.

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace in the New Year

I put my feeling about illuminaria (below) here , but the most important thing to say is, it's not really Quakerly, nor is it related to...